Saturday, May 7, 2011

The Best of MOM

Ahh...another Mother's Day. I am truly blessed to be able to be a part of the celebration.
I am, after all, mother to Cameron and Mia, the craziest, yet sweetest, rockin' and rollin' 7 year old twins in the world.
They are my best friends, my soul, my life.
They have brought me joy in a way that I never thought was possible.
People have asked me before what the best part of being a mom is..and my answer is always the same:
My children love unconditionally and fully, they are also ridiculously funny, and knowing that I have had a hand in creating  that package, makes  me PROUD.

My ABSOLUTE favorite photo of them.

But, I CANNOT rightfully take  full credit for who and what my children have become. OBVIOUSLY, my husband and I split the tab when it comes to raising them.  But he other key player in the game of raising Cameron and Mia is MY MOTHER.


My mother, AKA "Margie" to pretty much everyone.. is, by far, the coolest mom on the planet.
I wish that I could list ALL of the reasons why she is the bomb, but I don't have the tools to narrow down the list, nor do I have the space , OR the time. :)

But for the purpose of honoring her on this Mother's Day, I have compiled a list
that I feel pretty much sums her up.

First, she's the most beautiful woman I know.



As far back as I can remember..she has always been "in tune" with what makes her children tick. Her instincts  are always spot on..and she has consistently gone above and beyond the call of duty as a mom to support our passions.  For instance, instead of taking my brother, who was a rabid fan of "The Police" back in the day, to the mall to get a poster, she took him to see them live at the Dome in Syracuse NY. He was in 6th grade.

She not only supports most of my crazy, insane behavior when it comes to bands, etc...she is right there beside me...asking questions, telling me to go for it, entering contests for me.


She's funny.
She's smart.
She's unbelievably generous.
She's open minded and fair.
She's STRONG.
This here is a woman who gave birth to 2 children at a VERY young age, and lost one of them to cancer, before she was 40.
Tragic? Yes.
Does she show it? NO.

Her smile brightens the day of all that know and surround her.
She's STYLIN'.
Even back when polyester ruled the world..she worked it.


She was, has been, and continues to be, the person that I can go to for ANYTHING.
She understands me.
She believes in me.
She has taught me HOW to be a good mother. A FUN mother.
She is a QUEEN in the eyes of my children.

But above all, she is my FRIEND.
She is the one who calls to tell me that she saw Foo Fighter T shirts in a store, and should she pick one up for me. ( See, EVERYTHING relates back to Foo somehow!!)

And so I thank you Margie, for all of the above..but more importantly, for encouraging
me to be WHO I AM, and to go ahead and start a blog..to which I dedicate this very one TO YOU.










3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will not sleep because I'll probably read this about 133x first and then check and make sure I did not delete it or some stupid thing like that. This amazing note of course confirms what I have said all along...YOU ARE a WrItEr! I thank you for this particular blog, but I hope that others in the world will have the pleasure and joy of reading what you have to say about so much. Your talent is a gift that will bring you fullfillment and others a new perspective on everything from being a mom to rock concerts. Don't ever stop being Julie or stop writing! The best Mother's Day gift I have ever received was right here, right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blog Jules....and Margie...you were one hottie back in the day...you forgot to mention what a snazzy dresser GG is too. Deb xxooxx

    ReplyDelete